A Brief History of Mace High School
In 1915 the Mace High School boys basketball team caught the Interurban in Linnsburg, and rode it to the Ben Hur Terminal (where Elston Bank was later located). They then walked through town to the Vandalia Station (where Dari-licious is now located) and rode to Bowers where they played against each other on an outside court.
In 1922 the boys and girls teams played in the old armory above the Interurban Station because they did not have a gym at their school. There were only 5 members on the 1923 boys team.
In 1925 Mace High School merged with New Ross, thus ending the existence of another small county high school.